Sunday 17 May 2015

Shoutout Sunday #4: The Awesome Angelica Vestal

The exceptional Angelica Vestal. All concert photos on this blog entry are taken by her

Some people may think it's a bit weird that I'm writing a lovely, heartfelt piece of writing about somebody I've never met, but that's actually going to be the case quite a lot over the coming months, because I'm genuinely lucky enough to know a load of phenomenal people that live all across the world, people who have changed my life for the better, and I hope that I always remain close with them. Literally all of us came together through the power of music, a shared love for a particular band (My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Elliot Minor, Thirty Seconds To Mars, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, etc.), and with Angelica (or "Angie", as I call her, and she's one of not too many people who call me "Tommy") and I that's no exception, as we met due to My Chemical Romance (if you want to go back a bit and find out how I became such a huge fan of MCR, please do click the following link to check out my blog entry entitled, "My Life-changing Journey With My Chemical Romance"). I'll never forget the day we first messaged each other: it was the 23rd of March 2013, the day after MCR had broken up, both of us feeling pretty sad (to put it mildly!), but this was to be the start of an amazing relationship. So many unforgettable things have come from MCR - of course the music, lyrics, music videos, etc. - and one of those things is the fans that I've met, even to this day, over two years after they split up, showing just how strong, amazing, and passionate the MCR fans (or MCRmy, Killjoys, etc.) are, as we really did stick together through the good and the bad, and Angie and I are incredibly proud to both be a part of the MCRmy!

We actually knew of each other for quite a long time before messaging each other, thanks to an MCR chat group, but it wasn't until we started chatting that we got to know each other, and became close to the point of great friends, or even a brother-sister relationship, because Angie's genuinely like a sister that I've never had, and I know she looks at me like an older brother, too. And the reason I can say that is because over the last two years she has shown just what a thoughtful, compassionate, wonderful human being that she is, having been there for me on numerous occasions, supported me in many ways, and shown herself to be a person I am proud to know. I can tell in her statuses and photos that I see on Facebook that she's the type of person who really does look out for the people she loves and cares about, and I can see the affection she has for her friends and family. 

All Time Low: just one of the many bands we have in common.
Fall Out Boy
Tyson Ritter, The All-American Rejects


It's not just My Chemical Romance that we share a love for, as we both like quite a lot of the same bands - MCR, All Time Low, The All-American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, etc. - and the pictures above are of concerts that she's been to that I'd have sold my soul to have been with her at! Given our love for music, I don't think anything would ever be better than us two going to a concert together in the future. It's not just that we shared a love for certain bands before knowing each other, as we also introduced each other to bands we either knew nothing about, or knew a little about whilst not knowing them properly; for example, Angie's the reason I became a big fan of Forever The Sickest Kids, and I arguably got to know All Time Low better because of her. I also know that, like me, she'll happily listen to any genre of music; if she likes it, she likes it, and that's the right attitude to have! These pictures above were taken by her, too, and she really is a talented photographer; check out the full albums from these concerts on her Facebook page, or check out some photos she has put on her blog: angelicavestal.blogspot.com

To meet one day would literally be one of the most exciting days of my life, as to have known somebody from thousands of miles away for years, well, it would be like eventually meeting someone famous! I am truly grateful to have this extraordinary, kind, and beautiful individual in my life, to have got to have known her and found out just how sweet she is, and I know that we will never lose contact. I love you, Angie! ^-^ <3


No comments:

Post a Comment